Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Female sexuality of the teenage persuasion.

Ok so I recently ran across alot of flack about Oprah having a Doctor on her show promoting Mothers buying their daughters vibrators.

I sat and thought about it. It's not something a Mother should do unless she already has a very good relationship with her daughter. Personally though I don't see anything wrong with it. My Mother gave me a "back massager" and told me she would rather me pleasure myself than get pregnant.

Rather blunt there Mom.

But I didn't need years of therapy and honestly had kind of forgotten about it until I read about Oprahs show.

But much to my Husbands torment I discussed this with him. Not that he added too much to the conversation but it let me speak my thoughts out loud. I would buy vibrators for my daughters. Just the same as I would supply their birth control and condoms. If anyone thinks their daughter is going to wait till marriage to have sex and spend the rest of her life with that one man in this day and age is really, really setting themselves up for disappointment. So why not supply them with the tools and education to at least know how to have a good sexual experience. I can imagine how bad it can mess with a girls self esteem if sex isn't like the movies, and lets face it, if left up to a teenage boy she isn't going to get much pleasure out of the situation.

Then there's the argument that it will provide teenage girls sexual release and they will end up waiting longer to have sex since they have the option of satisfying themselves instead of their satisfaction relying on a boy. I don't know how true this would be. Granted you have to admit it gives you a little hope that your little flower wont be...ahem...deflowered sooner rather than later.

But from personal experience I'm glad my Mother did what she did. When I did decide to have sex I already knew what I liked and could tell my first partner, my partners after, and my Hubby now. Making for a better sexual experience for both of us. Because ladies, we all know, if we're not happy....they aren't going to be either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers