Friday, May 8, 2009

Like a slap in the face

So me and my Hubby ran across this story today.

All I have to say is what....the....fuck?

I've been homeless, eaten at soup kitchens, and volunteered at said soup kitchen. There is no reason to be homeless for fourteen years! NONE!

I keep thinking why didn't they spend this money to put her into an extensive rehabilitation center and get him some sort of education. That seems allot more beneficial than marrying them and giving them a house they will probably loose in a month. Then where are they? Right back where they started.

It's a huge slap in the face to people like me and the Hubby that have been there and come out of it and still can't even get a pat on the back.

Little back story here. Me and the Hubby are not legally married. We can't afford it. Plain and simple. I am the only one working because as of right now Hubby isn't medically able to work. Hopefully that will change after his Doc appointment on Monday. But still. I'm selling roses and stuffed animals in bars and strip clubs at night and that just isn't enough to pay the bills. We struggle to live and they get whatever they want by sitting on the streets? How is that fair to any working couple?

It's hard not to lay down and give up.

1 comment:

  1. i feel ya!! they def should give him a job at the church and get her in rehab.

    ReplyDelete

Followers